Wednesday 22 February 2017

The Species list stands at 99 so far for 2017

View list Here



This blog replaces the posting that used to be on the KOS website sightings page.
If you would like to send any sightings to me for posting, you can at  martynwilson@talktalk.net


February 21st


Stodmarsh 0850-1100  Enjoyed a walk from Stodmarsh carpark to the Marsh Hide today. Impressed with the EA /NE work going on and the expansive view now from the Reedbed Hide, from where Chris Lycett and myself had views of Bittern and later I had a Kingfisher. Treecreepers and Great Spotted Woodpeckers at the Alder Wood plus 3 Cetti`s on my walk, plus the usual Marsh Harrier sightings, although failing with Water Pipit, but scoring with 2 Snipe . Most of interest to myself , was returning by vehicle to the Grove end, I had a Stoat in ermine , scuttling roadside and disappearing into a drain covert. First I`ve seen in true white winter coat in Kent for many years; the last at Seasalter near the Sportsman in the 80`s. Wonder if your records include one? I wasn`t quick enough to grab a pic regrettably.
(Mike Roser)