Saturday 8 July 2017

The Species list stands at 149 so far for 2017

View list Here



If you would like to send any sightings to me for posting, you can at  martynwilson@talktalk.net

July 7th

I did the circuit this morning starting from Stodmarsh,7am-10am, and as i got near the old boathouse i saw a Stoat dragging something along the track, it saw me and shot into the vegitation allowing me to see it was a squab and still warm so i hid in the bushes and it came back and dragged it off, a very good start to the morning. Bird's seen on my way round were 1 Little Egret, 2 Grey Heron, 3 Marsh Harrier ( 1 juvenile ), 2 juvenile and 1 adult Great tit, 6 Linnet, 3 Reed Bunting, 2 Bearded tit, 1 Kestrel, 1 male Sparrowhawk and approx 30 Goldfinch on the thistles near marsh hide. At the hide were 3 Lapwing chicks and 2 adults. At Harrisons the Coot that was nesting has 2 chick's that I could see and another Coot was building another nest. A few Skylark's and Reed Warbler's were seen and 5 Jay's. Butterfly's seen were Speckled Wood, Large and Small White, Comma, Red Admiral, Peacock, Gate Keeper and Meadow Brown
(Bryan East)
Stoat - Bryan East

Stoat and Squab - Bryan East